Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Round 2 at this blogging thing

So about 30 minutes ago, I decided I should start a blog because I have all of these thoughts scurry through my brain, and I figured some of them should be written down. When I went to google to start a blog, I was surprised to find I already have one--whoops. My memory is not the greatest...never has been; but it's been worse the last couple of weeks since I got a self-diagnosed mild concussion...story to follow possibly.

Anyway, back in 2010 when I started this blog, I was:
  • living in Tennessee
  • had recently become single
  • was in grad school for Epidemiology
  • and was trying to figure out my next steps in life
Now my world is completely different. I am:
  • living in Boston
  • am still single after a few random dates
  • have my MPH
  • and am still trying to figure out my next steps in life
Mmk, so maybe it's not all that different on the surface. But in light of my new geographical location, I'll use this blog to grace you with my adventures. You're welcome in advance. Funny things happen to me--some of them I can't actually share on here because they aren't very appropriate. But I'll share the ones that I would be okay with, let's say, a potential employer or my Mother seeing. Okay, maybe I'll venture out a little bit if the story is REALLY good. I can't promise I won't give some throwback stories from my glory days in college--I'll put a disclaimer on those.
Before we get started, here are a few things about me:
1. Longwinded? nahhh. okay. yes. get over it.
2. I enjoy awkward moments. In fact, I flourish in an awkward situation.
3. The words "You're welcome" come out of my mouth at unwarranted times. I just think the look on people's faces is priceless when you say you're welcome and didn't actually do anything or did something that they aren't really happy about or when they didn't say thank you.
4. Ellipses are precious. I'm trying to distance myself from this cute little punctuation as I am a professional now, but sometimes they sneak in to play.
5. If I get political (which my goal is to NOT get political), I lean to the left...pretty liberal. Don't read those if you don't agree.
6. I'm an avid dancer so most of my posts will involve dancing or other dancers in some way. Classically trained in ballet. Also trained in jazz. I am able to dance most of the ballrooms (chacha, foxtrot, waltz, samba, tango, rumba, bolero, etc.). I fell in love with Salsa, bachata, etc. in 2010. But in 2011, West Coast Swing took over my life. So if you see WCS, that means West Coast Swing. Get used to it. I have an addiction.


You'll learn other things as time goes on I guess. I tend to be an open book and give way too much information, or TMI as those kids call it now-a-days. (Oh and I pretend I'm old...)

No comments:

Post a Comment